Running S3 Bucket in Amazon Cloud
In this section we will create Amazon storage for keep files always by hand and to allow us to manage the files. Running new S3 Backet storage in AWS is very simple.
- First we need to login to our account so let’s go to the website: https://aws.amazon.com/
- In the second step select from the My Account menu AWS Management Console
- This should redirect you to the login page like below. If you don’t have account yet you need to create new one. Free account is available for most of the resource for one year. Registration process may take you from some minutes to 24 hours. During the registration you will have a call from AWS Call Center to be verified that you are not a bot but human.
- When you connect to the AWS select from the left top menu Services -> Storage -> S3
- You should see very friendly layout where we need to click the button Create bucket:
- In this step you should see Create Bucket popup. Type you globally unique name of the bucket and select the nearest data center to your location:
- In the next window you can select such options like: Versioning, Logging or Tagging your bucket. For the experiment that we need to create let’s leave this options as is:
- In permission popup windows set full access to your account and leave other options as they are:
In the last step you can click Create Bucket button to finish creation process.
When everything went well you should see in the list of buckets your newly created bucket:
The last thing we need to do is to create access keys to our bucket. We can do it running from the top right menu Welcome to AWS -> My Security Credentials
In the section Access Keys click the button Create New Access Key
You should see a popup with your newly generated set of access keys:
Let’s copy Access Key Id and Secret Access Key. We will use this later in the section of LoopBack configuration.