Jira lesson 01 – creating an account in id.atlassian.com
Creating an account in atlassian to install Jira
In order to install server version of Jira we need to start the process: creating an account in atlassian website. Atlassian keeps all information about licensing in their website id.atlassian.com. If you would like to buy another products like for example Bamboo or Bitbucket you need to have an online account to be verified.
1. So let’s go to http://id.atlassian.com to start registering which is fully free process.
2. We need to click ‘Sign up’ and then we are asking for email, full name and password. From experience I can only advice you to use as a username your email.
3. When you type all data correctly you will be informed that an activation email was sent to you.
4. In the ‘Please verify your email address’ email you will be asked to verify your account. Just click on ‘Verify my email address’.
5. When you do all the steps correctly you will be redirected to the online panel with information about your profile settings.
Having this account you can manage all services in Atlassian like for example Jira.
This account is also very usefull place where you can check all your billings. This is important when you have different services run in Atlassian and you don’t need to log into different accounts.
You also will be using this account to make any support requests to Atlassian team. From my experience I can only tell you that their support is very quick and they also solve problems very quickly.
Now we are ready to start the next article about Jira installation process >>.